Search

5 Tips for Good Skin



Recently, I've been told by many that my skin complexion has improved tremendously. Gone were the days I was cursed with acne, pigmentation, scarring and many other skin troubles. It has been a huge effort on my part to take care of my skin, and my skin-caring journey hasn't been an easy one indeed. It's definitely something you have to keep up with for the rest of your life, so as to slow down the process of aging. Despite the fact that my skin health is great, the condition of my skin still isn't perfect. Most of the time, I still live with the struggle of oily skin, pigmentation issues, enlarged pores, and acne scarring.

Tips for good skin:

1) Try to get enough sleep. Sleep early if possible.

I usually sleep at midnight or slightly before that, so to ensure that I get ample rest for the next day. The skin has its own circadian clock and 11 pm - 4 am is prime time for repairing damage and rebuilding cells and tissues. Use the prime time to help you to get healthy, glowing skin.

2) Instead of sleeping on your side, sleep on your back.

Sleeping on your side means that your face will come in contact with your pillow. Pressing your face against the pillow will result in wrinkles and sagging of skin over time.

3) Change your bed sheets and pillowcase frequently.

This comes hand-in-hand with the previous point. As it's impossible to be aware of what you do when you're fast asleep (your face may press against the pillow unknowingly), changing your sheets on a frequent basis helps reduce bacteria coming into contact with your skin.

4) Never touch your face when your hands are dirty.

I always make it a point NEVER to touch my face when my hands aren't clean. If I ever feel the need to scratch an itch on my face, I use the back of my hand to gently rub on the spot. The back of the hands is actually much cleaner, as they hardly come in contact with objects.

5) Don't be lazy. Use skincare products on a daily basis.

No matter how tired I may be, I never ever skip this step in my daily regimen. I even wake up two hours before I'm set to go out, just to make sure I have enough time to complete my skincare routine. As a personal preference, I try not to apply any makeup on my face just so that my skin can breathe, and my pores won't get clogged as a result. But it should not matter too much as long as your makeup is properly removed before bed. I highly recommend using the Korean double-cleansing method.

No comments

Post a Comment