My Skincare Routine for 2017.

9:11 PM

Do you want to know a secret? Well, this is a tad embarrassing but I have no idea how to apply makeup. Putting on foundation is a no brainer, but apart from that, everything else is a struggle for me. I've tried watching beauty tutorials on Youtube, but it doesn't really work because most of the Youtubers out there have double eyelids, while I have monolids.

So all my life, I've been showing off my bare skin to the world.

With this, it is very important for me to maintain a good skin condition. Throughout the years, I've been trying to find the best products which suit me. I have extremely oily and sensitive skin, so I take that into account when choosing products.

First Step:




DHC Deep Cleansing Oil


I've used DHC Deep Cleansing Oil a few times, and I love it. It does its job, removing impurities like oil, dirt and skin debris. Starting with a dry face, I'll start massaging the oil on the surface of the skin. Next, I'll add a little bit of water to produce a milky substance, and continue massaging for about 30 seconds before rinsing it away with lukewarm water.

Second Step:




Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser


Occasionally, I'll skip this step since I've already used a oil cleanser. But on days where I feel like my skin needs extra cleansing, I'll do this second step. Pumping once, I'll rub this product on a moist face and massage it thoroughly to produce small bubbles. I'll do this for 45 seconds or so, before rinsing it away with lukewarm water. Then pat dry with a face cloth.

Third Step:




Witch Hazel


I use Witch Hazel as an everyday toner. I like how it has many other uses, namely itching, inflammation, injury, insect bites, bruises and minor burns, varicose veins and hemorrhoids. More can be found on the list here. I've used it since I was in High School (since 2007), which shows how much I like this product. The only thing I dislike about Witch Hazel is the smell, but it fades away after a while. So it isn't too big of a problem for me.

Fourth Step:




A'kin Pure Radiance Rose Hip Oil


This was a recent addition to my skincare collection. Wasn't too convinced about applying an oil based product to my oily skin. But when I gave this product a go, it won me over. Not only did it brighten up my skin, but also lightened the acne scars on my face. Having used this for almost a month, I'll have to say that it will be a permanent addition to my skincare collection. However, instead of using it on a daily basis, I'm planning to use this twice a week.

Fifth Step:



Missha Pore Correcting Refine Serum


Using this makes my face feel softer and silkier. It smells good and dries pretty quickly too. Although it's said to be effective in tightening pores, I personally feel like it only lasts as long as you have it on your skin. The only reasons why I like this product even though it's not the 'best' in the market are because it feels really light on the skin and doesn't cause breakouts.

Sixth Step:




Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen Lotion


I have been looking high and low for the perfect sunscreen lotion for my face, and I've finally found it. This product was introduced to me by my boyfriend who swears by this product. It's not sticky, SPF 50+, and is comedogenic (which is a major plus for me). Last but not least, it doesn't leave a white cast on the skin when it dries. Hands down the best suncreen ever.

And...that's all the products I use in my skincare routine.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Labels