Happy New Year 2017!

6:49 PM

Happy New Year 2017! It's scary how fast time flies. It feels as though I only just graduated from University. Life is short and precious. In a blink of an eye, I'm almost 26. Let's embrace life as much as possible, and live life to the full whilst we can.

Like every other year, here are my New Year Resolutions:

01. Get fitter. Do more exercises.

In the last two months or so, I've started working out. It's funny how my motivation to exercise came about. You see, I recently saw many nice clothes that I wanted to buy on Taobao. The only problem was that I didn't feel like I was worthy of wearing such nice clothes with the body I had. Yes, I definitely wasn't fat, but I was indeed unfit. That really pushed me to do something about my body. This was my thought process: "If I were to buy nice clothes, I should have a decent body to match it." So after carting out the pieces that I wanted to purchase, I began to focus more on my body. Now I'm proud to announce that I've managed to dedicate an hour a day to exercise, and have been keeping up with it.

02. Spend more time with family and friends.

I'll be 26 this year. So can you imagine how old my parents are? I feel like I should spend as much time with them as I possibly can. On top of that, it may be a good idea to put in more effort into my friendships. As one gets older, it's harder to maintain a friendship - people have adult responsibilities to attend to, for example, a full-time job.

03. Learn a new language.

Over the years, I've learned many languages: English, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Cantonese. As you can probably tell, I'm very interested in Asian languages. Now, my next goal is to take up Malay. It shouldn't be too hard since I already have basic knowledge of a few words, having lived in Singapore for 12 years. Side note: Singapore is a multicultural country, so we tend to interact with people of different races, namely Chinese, Malay, Indian and Eurasian.

04. Save more money.

This is the age where it's important to have some savings for rainy days, as well as important life events such as marriage, house, car, and kids. Also, because life is very unpredictable, it can be very expensive too. There are rent and bills to pay, as well insurance policies to cover unforeseen events that may take place. Thus, I strongly believe that it's always a good habit to save a portion of money earned. It's a good thing that I don't spend my money on unnecessary things, so it's rather easy for me to save. Once I secure myself a stable full-time job, I'm fairly confident that I can save quite a lot.

My motto: Buy what you need, not what you want.

05. Blog more.

I don't know about you, but for me, my memory becomes fuzzier each time I try to recall them. By blogging more, I'll be able to look back on memories in the future. And THAT is very important to me, because I love reminiscing the good old days. Sadly, this New Year Resolution was made last year as well, but I didn't manage to keep it.

Perhaps I'll be more successful this year?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels